- Doctor has ordered a 24-hour holter monitor for you. A holter monitor records the electrical activity of your heart for a period of 24 hours.
- While wearing the holter monitor, please do not shower or bathe with holter monitor on, or get it wet in any way.
- While wearing the holter monitor, should you have an “event”, push the button on the top of the monitor and write in your diary book exactly what you were doing at the time of the event.
- After the holter monitor is worn for the 24-hour period please have the doctor’s office staff remove the holter monitor. Be sure to return the holter monitor diary book.
- Please DON’T wear any creams, lotions, deodorant or powders on your skin on the day the holter monitor is to be placed on you.
- Please BRING with you a list of all your medications that you are currently taking, including over-the-counter medications.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment.
- If you need directions to our office please click on the locations link or ask our office staff when they call to schedule or confirm your appointment.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at any time.